Friday, January 9, 2009

Great news

Today was the big day - my first actuarial exam - and I passed! This is a pretty big deal, since passing the Probability Exam means I'm only 4 exams away from having a real actuarial designation. That still sounds like a lot, but it's supposedly really good to have passed 2 exams by the time you graduate from college, so I guess I'm ahead of the game. Now I have nothing to worry about until the Financial Math Exam in May, and the review seminar for that starts this Tuesday. It's so much fun being an actuary...

I'm also "teaching" 6 sessions of an actuarial tutorial this semester, which really means collecting the sign-in sheets and babysitting while people do math problems. But still getting paid :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Danielle! Great new$ about your job too.

Anonymous said...

How has the review seminar for the Financial Math exam been going?

Anonymous said...

Heard through the grapevine that you got a 9 on the P exam! Isn't 6 a passing grade? Maybe you set a new record.