Friday, February 22, 2008

The Smallest Country in the World, it seems

So you always hear the saying "It's a small world," but it's never more true than in Panama, which is definitely a small country. By area it's actually smaller than South Carolina! Anyways 2 weeks ago I was in Bocas del Toro (which is as far north-east from here as one can go without leaving the country) and met a bunch of people from all over the world who I never expected to see again. Then Last Tuesday I ran into a group of people from Norway at a club who I'd stayed at the hostel with and hung out with in Bocas. And when we met then we had already seen eachother a few days earlier in Costa Rica. And then... this Thursday I was at a club and ran into some guys from Italy who I had also met in Bocas!

The other day I went to Diablo, the part of the canal where cayuco teams practice paddling
There will be an ocean-to-ocean cayuco race through canal next month
And a random shot of the family on Christmas

In other news, it seems that the famous Panamanian rapper/reggae star DangerMan has died. I have no clue as to the details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful international experience. How great that you've gotten to know people from all over the world.