Friday, November 9, 2007

Animal Encounters

Last weekend at the beach, our neighbors had monkeys! So the guy brought over Pepe for us to play with. He had a little candy in his mouth, which he removed and offered to one of the guys. Haha.



I had the most interesting cab ride the other day. The driver looked hesitant to let me in the car. He told me he had an animal with him. I looked in the back seat, and saw something I have never seen before in my life. It had a raccoon's tail, but a face reminiscent of an anteater. It was adorable. I hopped in.

So the whole way home the driver told me all about Chuy, his beloved pet. He called it a gato solo, but I later realized it is what we call a coatimundi. Chuy is about the size of a cat, but he's only six months old, and the guy says he'll grow big as a dog!

Coatimundi - so you can get a full body shot


For Thanksgiving, us international students got invited to feast at a totally ritzy place downtown called the Union Club. Sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have been totally t-o'd if you hadn't sent a full body shot (of Chuy that is).

Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle,

I really like the animal pictures, but especially "Pepe" the monkey. He looks cool!

Love,
Your Cousin Denver