Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Celebrity Encounter

Thanks to frequent flier miles, I got to fly first class from LA to Miami, then on to Panama. In the days preceding the trip, I bragged that I would surely meet a celeb because I was flying like a VIP in first class. So guess who was right in front of me in the boarding line in LA? Hint: he's brought us such classic hits as Locked Up, Smack That, and I Wanna Love (****) You.
Oh yes, it was definitely Akon.


So there I was, standing within two feet of him, knowing I'd never be this close again, and I had to make a move. So I asked if he knew what we were waiting for (they had let first class into the jetway, then closed us in without opening the plane). After confirming his identity I was completely starstruck and could barely put words together, but we managed to discuss his abundance of gadgets (isn't the iPhone supposed to rid you of all others?), and why we were each going to Miami before finally boarding. We both sat in row six but he slept the whole flight. I never knew I could get so starstruck but I've also never met such a big star before! He is super nice by the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

danielle! looks like you are having a blast. i am way jealous that im staying in CA and you are living it up in panama. oh and that you met akon. have fun, chick.